X2 ,that cam is pretty stout for your engine. Too much IMO.

At the most 218 @ .050 w/Rhoads lifters,or a solid tappet (but you'll need to adjust the valves once in a while )

I used a few sets of Rhoads lifters w/a few Clifford cams,never liked there cams BTW.
The Rhoads sounds cool like solid tappet cams, a little loud,but to each his own.

I switched to solid cams strictly for better performance over hyd cams & they definately did that.
I don't mind adjusting the lash once in a while.

I tried a few quadrajet carbs ,Spreadbore style,never could get it to run that great,but I am pretty sure if you could get one sorted out they could run pretty good a long w/decent mileage.
They ran those carbs (Stock)on the Ponitac L6 230 & 250 engines w/10.5:1 compression (off the top of my head)

I will say when I tried the Quadrajet carb w/the Clifford intake manifold the carb did not get a strong signal to work that great,it was however a little bit more driveable/streetable w/the Offy intake.

The factory Sprint 215 HP? Pontiac 4bbl intake resembles (SP) the Clifford intake. So I think that GM had the Quadrajet figured out for the Pontiac L6 230 & 250.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI