On my stock tired 250, 3-on-the-tree Nova, 3.08 gear, the Clifford did lose some low end on the Gtech vs the 1v intake. Made up for it on top, result was just about even with the 1v. And, the stock 250 (or smaller) is the wrong place for a Clifford, so I don't think it's too bad considering that.

As for part throttle, well, once I got everything sealed, I can let the clutch out at idle - foot off the gas, and take off. True, I can't really floor it below 2000-2500 but it drives off idle just fine, just not as good on gas as the 1v.

I've not driven the Offy (like many others I can't afford both) so this is just a partial opinion, but I am encouraged by Tom's results with the big Clifford.

Speaking of those results:
I made Gonkulator predictions on the 292 before Tom ran the dyno. The dyno horsepower came in consistently lower than the Gonkulator by a few percent. I thought maybe it was exhaust restriction out of the dyno, but now wonder if it was internal friction in the 292, more than I expected/computed.

Because, Tom's first 250 dyno tests are coming in HIGHER horsepower than the Gonkulator, by about 7 percent so far. That 250 is doing really well. Maybe it is a nice loose build, maybe that chamfer in the bore is helping, maybe I was wrong in assuming any exhaust dyno restriction or something but the dyno tests are making me debate whether to build up a 250 or 292.

Thanks for the update Tom, we await more exciting news.