Quote:
Snowman,
You have alot of decisions to make, but, unless your indendently wealthy, I think you first need to determine what's your budget and then determine where to get the most bang for your buck.
p.s. - I think that is alot of money for a cam kit. I purchased my entire engine kit that included a Comp Cam and Comp Cam lifters for $415. The kit included all name brand parts - Cloyes, Durabond, Clevite, Sealed power, Hastings. Shop around before you give up your money. Spend it on a set of Langdon Headers or some head work instead.

Again - good luck and remember

I hear what you are saying. I've already thought about this a good bit but as of now I have a little over $150 and I've been looking around on craigslist and ebay for good prices. My plan as of now is headers/exhaust system -> intake/carb -> cam/lifters/springs -> other stuff (with transmission somewhere in there which'll probably be a christmas present or something) -> other engine stuff -> have a soda -> watch tv -> body work. Alright the last couple of things were a joke but I'm not particularly concerned with how it looks right now.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.