Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
A 390 Holley will flow 420+ cfm also, It is now a limiting factor. On goes the 600 holley. Tom

If the dyno guy offered his 650 DP, I would throw that in the mix as well.

My 65 SS Malibu V-8 350 SBC loved that 650 DP I put on it.
I know I said the "V" word sorry.

Sometimes what does not work on paper/calculations, actually works in actual testing.

Case in point, a female street racer/track car years ago had a 64 Nova SBC 350 w/a Weiand 150 size ? super charger. All the calculations ,blower books,B&M caculator, etc,said all it needed max,was a 750,which is what she was using (750 DP).
Well ,they had an 850 DP carb lying around & said ,what the heck,lets try it, well gues what,she ran 1/2 second faster in the 1/4 mile.

Morral of the story,,,think outside the box of time & time again proven recipes.

I was always told the 48 DCOE Webers were too big for my 254 L6,,,but with even that being said ,I ran them anyways,the Webers I ran w/12.1:1 compression was the fastest my 254 ever ran normally aspirated,period.

Heck, I bought the DCOEs for $200,,so I could not loose, even if they did not run good, I could always sell them for more than $200,right?

4 bbl carbs are a different story as compared to DCOEs,but w/all my trials & errors & R&D through the years,& even tried a Thermoquad 850 CFM carb,just to see how it worked on my 254.

Have you guys ever heard of anyone trying to use an 850 Thermoquad carb on a 254 CI L6?
I was young & foolish maybe,but @ least I tried many different carbs & a couple intake manifolds for the ultimate quest & search for the most power I could get out of my Chevy 250, +.030 = 254.

I think a 650 DP could be managable. Just a thought.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI