Tom,

I agree that there is a LOT of info to sort through - since MS covers a LOT of different applications the info has to be there the problem is distilling it down to what you need. Some time I get bogged down in there too.

At least I'll point you in the right direction to get your tune up ready:

Follow the hardware and software configuration instructions for the 7 pin HEI ignition set up which is stock in the '89 -

note you DO NOT NEED THE EXTRA RELAY SHOWN if your are using the GM to MS adapter board its built into the adapter board..

GM 7 pin HEI

Idle air controller

Follow the GM IAC wiring and configure instructions

MS IAC

fuel & injector set up

You need to configure:

[list]
[*]req fuel
[*] low impedance injectors (TBI injectors are low impeadance)
[*]

The values shown in the manual for the TBI injectors work reasonably well and should allow you to get it started.

Read this section on low impedance injectors and how the PWM works Low Z and PWM

In megatune under tools set:

the sensor calibration (MAP)to be:

For the MPX4115 use 10.6 and 121.7 <<< same as a the GM TBI MAP sensor.

Set the thermistor table for both the coolant and MAT sensor to be GM - use the pull down menu to get the value populated into the tuning fields automatically.

Since your running an innovate wideband calibrate the AFR table as wideband, innovate 0V== 10.0 AFR, 5V == 20 AFR

Then before you start and after you have the MS connected to the truck under tools open calibrate TPS - with the throttle close click get current beside the closed throttle box, then mash the throttle to WOT and hit the get current beside the full trottle box WHILE you have the pedal mashed down.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them