I'm back from the shop! Got a few trophy burns this time too. Turbo motors have more hot parts!

Used a SPA turbo manifold, turbonetics wastegate, a old Air Research T04 and a holley 500 2 bbl carb in blow thru mode.

Wastegate held the boost perfectly at 5 psi and we saw a 33% gain in tq! 87 Ft lbs to be exact. This little 250 thought it was a good running 350 chevy. Also saw the 345 hp in the #'s. But the tq was king for the runs.

It was a crude setup and put together from scrouged parts. This was done mainly to show how easy it is and some of the power gains that can be seen. We had hoses blow apart because there was no blow off valve. So when coming back down in rpm from a pull the throttle had to go slow to not build up excess boost and blow the hoses.

All in all, it was a success and definately more power can be had from this turbo setup. Boost was almost instant and the engine never missed a lick. What a fun night. Got plenty of vid, I think my hands were shaking from the excitement. Plenty of tuning needed to be done. Tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com