I am using a PG right now. I disconnected the engine and tranny last night unbolted the tranny from the tranny crossmember and made sure the tranny was slid back as far as it could. I may have moved it 1/8"-1/4". The edge of the tranny pan is sitting right at the edge of the crossmember. If I push the tranny back any further, the pan will be above the crossmember and the tranny bolts won't go in.

I was also going to have them measure from the cross member to the front of their oil pans. (i'll post pics to show what I mean).

I am concerned with the angle of the engine. Measuring front to back and across the carb plate, the front is lower than the back. I am wondering how much of this is due to the rake of the car, since I have shorter tires up front. If I raise the front of the engine to where the carb plate is level front to back, the holes on the engine mounts do not line up with the holes in the frame mount perches (not sure is this is the correct term). I had two other guys measure the distance from their crossmembers up to the pan rail and I believe we're all within an 1/8" of each other. So maybe the back of the engine is sitting high?

From what I am seeing, it seems that the engine is in the right spot, but things just aren't adding up. I must be missing something really simple.

Last edited by 63ChevyII; 04/28/10 12:25 PM.