You are absolutly right, Hank. I want to use a stock engine until I have the money to build it right!

Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
I have TRW forged 307 SBC flat top pistons w/4 valves reliefs.

I have run a lot of nitrous through my engine + used a Paxton supercharger running 9-10 psi boost pressure for years all on this same engine w/same pistons.

These pistons are not special "turbo" pistons,they are just forged pistons.

You do not need to have a special "turbo or blower piston" in your engine to use a turbo or super charger.

Having the top ring land lower in the bore is a better idea for a turbo or nitrous or blower,,but not absolutly necessary.

If you can control the engine from detonating,a standard will work pretty good up to a point.

Having the top ring land down the bore is less suceptable to detonating self destruction of the pistons,but if the engine detonates so bad,it too will fail,just not as easily.

I used the standard Felpro head gasket w/stainless wire ring,,4.125" bore IIRC. Never blew one of those out.

Also as a note,I did all this Nitrous & Paxton supercharging business before I had any methanol injection or a knock sensor.

I just keeped the timing light, meaning low total timing.
But was all done w/pump gas 92 then 91 octane.

It sounds like this guy wants to play around w/supercharging w/low boost on a stock egine until he builds a more specific engine designed for superchargring.
At least that's my take on this.

MBHD