I have done a lot of reading into the water/ meth injection kits, and I have definitely figured on using one. Though, I have read that I should not trust to this type of detonation suppression since when it runs out of fluid, I am no longer protected. Makes sense... but how fast do they go through the fluid? I do not know this as I have never even seen one in use.

I also looked into the MSD ignition retard box.... retards timing 1-3 degrees for every psi boost. I have posted questions on the turbo forums, but everyone seems to be too good to answer a question like that. Or maybe it is just MY posts that they don't like.

The reason I ask about the cast pistons from the 307 vs the 250 is that I cannot afford at this time to buy a set of forged pistons. So, I wonder if the cast 307's might hold up longer than the cast 250's... I can buy them cheap enough! Again, at this time I am only looking at 6psi MAX boost (at least until I get the forged pistons and the rotating assembly balanced and and and...)

I thought that the 5,000rpm was not asking too much from a stock cam, but I guess it is. I don't have a problem with only 4,200 or maybe a little more? I do NOT want this engine to grenade as it is my ONLY car and I have to drive it everyday!