Originally Posted By: JimW
X2!

To everyone - stop with the silliness. Put yourself into Snowman's situation. Several of you guys appear 'silly' about who know's best, more or whatever.
Snowman is looking for good, constructive input and I'm relatively confident that some of the previous posts/posters have lost/forgotten the purpose of their original posts to this thread.

Just my opinion and I do not need nor expect responses either negative or positive.

PANIC X2

Haha thank you JimW. I'm just looking to get my car fun and drivable. Right now I'm working on getting the exhaust and intake manifolds cleaned up and put back on with a new gasket. But like I mentioned in my other thread I need those little clamps that hold on the manifolds. Where would I get those? Or is that a junkyarding thing? I checked NAPA and AutoZone but neither had em.

But back to performance stuff...

Right now, performance-wise, I'm hesitant to buy anything because I'm still trying to understand what all I need to buy for a turbo car. Like I don't want to buy an intake manifold or headers and then realize 5 months later that I have to sell if for 60% of what I bought if for because I need something turbo-specific. If I'm right, all I need is the methanol injection stuff, turbo, and a turbo exhaust manifold right? And I can just get a clifford racing intake for a 4 barrel. Or would you guys recommend a 2 barrel? And before you answer the 2v4 barrel, keep in mind I'm going to get a much larger cam. So would a larger cam keep the engine from getting flooded with a 4 barrel? or would a 2 barrel just be safer or what?

And can I get the turbo exhaust manifold and then just run it naturally aspirated before I get the actual turbo? or is there a giant hole that can't be plugged without the turbo being attached? And does a turbo setup need a muffler? or does the turbo act as a semi-muffler so that I wouldn't need a muffler?

And what order would you guys recommend getting these parts so that I could get each one, have somewhat of a performance gain that I can notice, and then not have to plug up holes or have it destroy another part?

I was thinking
1)Intake
1.5)Carb
2)Cam/lifters/springs
3)Turbo manifold
4)Turbo and Methanol injection stuff

Does that sound about right?

Lastly, what is the differences between turbo types? I'm just looking to get a used turbo off of craigslist or out of a junkyard or something that I can afford. And you guys were saying something about .96 turbo I think. What is that and how does it compare to others? Does the larger the number mean it takes longer to spool but can create more pressure? Because in that case wouldn't you want the smallest possible that can generate enough PSI that you want so that you can get fast spooling and sufficient PSI? I was thinking of getting one off of a GN or Regal because that's the only car I could think of that would be somewhat common in a junkyard.

Thanks Guys

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.