Snowman,
If I remember correct, you have a 250 in your car(72 Chevelle). The SPA manifold on a 292 will clear the steering for sure, I have done it with a Tangential Exh housing( they sit lower on the manifold). Not sure if a turbo will clear your steering with a shorter in height 250. A "On Center" housing will give more clearance as it sit's higher on the manfold.

>.68, .81,.96 ect refer to the exh housing A/R. The bigger the #, the looser the exhaust is around the exh wheel, less back pressure and less boost. With the correctly sized exh housing/ wheel and compressor side , good boost should be attained at a reasonably low rpm and minimized back pressure on the exhaust so as to not choke up the exhaust.

A turbo from a Buick GN or possibly even better sized is the turbo setup as Beater is using on his changing 4 piles into 1 thread. It is a turbo setup from a 301 pontiac used in Trans Ams 1980 and 81? That one will readily fit under your hood and is cheaper to buy. You can use your old exhaust manifold to run it and a stock intake. It is made to bolt a 4bbl carb to it.

I have recently picked one up at a swapmeet and will do a writeup on configuring it for a install and possibly run it for demonstration purposes. Many guy's have used thes on the inline 6's thru the years. Tom

Last edited by tlowe #1716; 05/10/10 12:26 AM.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com