I did look into turbos. Quite a bit , actually.

I came to the conclusion that it is 6 of one half dozen of the other! Supercharger, turbo, they both require about the same amount of work and money (from what I can tell!). I have never seen a supercharged inline (in person) so I though I'd go that way with it. I am not fussed either way. Supercharged or turbo'd... doesn't really matter to me, because I am looking for the end result. A nice little street thumper!

Originally Posted By: Turbo-6
On a roots supercharger the lobes have a large mass and do not turn as fast as the impeller of a turbo so the liquid fuel does not harm them, a compressor impeller is very thin and can not take the mass of fuel as well.

A super charger will spin at 9,000 RPM ( if 50% overdrive at 6,000 RPM engine speed), but a turbo will spin 120,000 RPM at 3,000 RPM which when fuel or water hits them they could be harmed, a draw through does work but at a certain point it does become an issue.

Don't give up on a turbo set up. A new rebuild on a stock 250 with only sealed-power pistons (cheap) will hold up to 400+ HP stock rods, head, cam, block, crank, turbos make lots of torque so you don't need a lot of RPM. Gear it high!

RPM is what kills engines

Harry