the left side mount's will still stay the same, the right side is what comes into question as most use the fab style (help me here 63chevyII & others) on the right side that relocates the mount back to the original location but u sacrafice the mech fuel pump, so then a elec pump comes in 2 play. as far as the use of the original pan yes! u can use it but where 2 put the dipstick (ha ha no pun inteaded) is up 2 the user. in the past on later blocks i have put them in the pan using the big block piece from the pan weld or braze in and also have done the drill bit style in the original location. now as for my style of right side mount, i had an old rusted frame that i cut the frame piece off of, the block mount was opened up so that it would clear the block and mount flush and in my pics as i laid the eng/trans combo in the holes all lined up just need now to pull it all out and put in race car weld up fame part then just somewhat down hill from there. also pay close attion 2 the balancer clearance issue between rad/pump pully/fan and such. i have at least 1/2- 3/4 space in all places. questions? keep asking i'm sure other's will answer also.