The only reason the 292 appeals to me is because it can be bored .060 over and equate to a 302ci I6! That's roughly 46ci more displacement than the other 6's (other than GMC's 302 which I heard is not a very good motor). Power is my main concern here (as much as 91 octane can provide) for the street and again race fuel for the strip. My goal is to have a 10 second street rod (possible w/ race fuel and more boost) that is primarily street driven. If this would be possible with the 250 that's already in it, or the 4200, or the 292 that'd be bitchin! Which ever route would be the easiest, cheapest, and least problematic would be the motor I choose. I agree with you that the 292's stroke (although great for massive TQ) is probably a bit too long for high revs on a turbo setup, probably has a good chance of throwing a rod!

What do you think each of these engines (292, 4200, & 250) would redline at when properly built? I've heard they can rev to 6000-7000rpm no problem!? I see you have a 250 as well in your '69 camaro, what does your motor rev to safely? Are you really close to getting in the 9's, and is it a drag car or a street/strip application like I'm shooting for? I'd love to know what you did, how you did it, what it looks like, etc. basically I'd like to hear all about it! lol

Thanks again for the insight fellow inliners! From what's been said on my forums, the 292 is slowly losing its appeal and the 4200 and 250 are quickly gaining my interest!!!

"If you're gunna do something, do it to the best of your ability...or else what's the point?"