Originally Posted By: De-Gee's71

I gotta say after reading these posts about aftermarket rods (especially steel) I'd stick with the Crower or Scat! It sounds like although the 292 is a big brute torque monster, it'd put a serious dent in my budget! Mighty 6 was saying to do a build similar to his it'd run around 20-25K! That's more money than I'd end up spending on the whole car! lol. I sounds like the 4200 or the 250 is a better route to go (b/c of cheaper parts and availability of aftermarket products). I wish I had the money to build both, or better yet all three ;\) Maybe later on down the road I can build a 292, I think that motor would be bitchin' in a '67 Nova!!! I'm sure the size/fitting issues would be the major issue though. Thanks for the parts advice!

The money amount I quoted you is for a max effort build (1000hp). When you start buiding all out drag race setups with all the current eletronics it takes to compete it gets real pricey fast.

Now, for a budget setup that makes great power go 250. I think a 250 will make a better turbo motor over the 292. I just used what I had allready.