wow that's pretty incredible, I wasn't aware that the motor came stock with steel sleeves! That's another indicator that the engineers at GM really took the time to build a quality motor! I did and still do plan on sleeving the block with Darton sleeves (I look at it as insurance as well as longer drivability). What would you recommend the as the limit to cylinder wall width? What are your cyclinder widths, and how much boost are you planning on running (what used to be 8psi) in the future once the build's finished?

I like you approach to installing the engine, checking diagnostics and tuning it before adding the turbo. That makes a lot of sense and would help determine what was wrong if indeed something was. I wish I could go to the tx convention, but I won't be able to get off work unfortunately. It'd be nice if it were in CA somewhere instead ;\) Be sure to bring up our topic of the 292 vs. the Vortec 4200 and tell me how it goes!

"If you're gunna do something, do it to the best of your ability...or else what's the point?"