What would you recommend the as the limit to cylinder wall width? What are your cyclinder widths, and how much boost are you planning on running (what used to be 8psi) in the future once the build's finished?

Upto 8 PSI the stock setup is most likely fine right out of the box, use a conservative tune and go.

I run 94 octane pump gas, currently upto 11 psi. I would go more but am out of fuel (not enough injector). I think upto 15 psi should be fine on 94 octane and the low static compression. I rec'd some bad info on chamber volume when I ordered my pistons so I ended up with lower than expected CR.

My intake manifold is set up such that I can run a total of 3 injectors. 1 in the OEM position in the head, and 2 extra in each intake runner.

The stock location 1 is for pump gas, the other 2 are for alky. When the boost get over a to be determined level the gas injectors will shut down and the alky one will start up (with a blended area). Since methonal octane is about 130 fuel no longer becomes the limit on boost. The 4L70E (plus a lot of hard parts) will determine where I can get the boost to.

Currently plans are to goto 20 psi.

Sleeves

1) stay at stock bore otherwise you start having "fun" with head gaskets.
2) Darton Sleeve 0.1 to 0.12" wall, bore/hone the aluminum. Put the sleeves in as per Darton (.002/.004" interference fit if I remember right).

O-Ring the head.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them