So it definitly looks like we'll be making a custom intake manifold for the block (for insurance purposes and of course more boost)! As I mentioned before, we will be beefing up the internal with forged parts (rods and pistons) and will likely add a girdle as you mentioned. What type of girdle did you use, a one piece forged unit?

I am also from California where I believe the richest fuel is 91 octane (which sucks) but it'll have to do I guess. I suppose I could buy some of the products that supposidly boost the fuel's octane rating (bottles from Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.) but I'm not sure if this would be recommended...

As for pistons, any skirt design preferences or piston companies that seem to be with it? I hear good things about JE, Arias, and Wiseco but I definitly don't want some faulty info that'll effect my CR like you had to deal with! That's a bummer for sure! I'd like to go with Eagle rods (H-beam) b/c my dad has had great experience with them.

Since I will be running 91 octane, what do you think my max psi of boost will be w/ a 9.0:1 CR? I'm guessing around 8 psi? Also, how's the lag with your motor? Is that why you recommend running at least a 9.0:1 CR? Since there's only 1 fuel injector, did you already upgrade to a higher flowing injector? Also I think its really cool how you have 2 alky injectors to take over for gasoline. My dad says alky allows higher boost levels, but is also corrosive! I wouldn't want my expensive internals to be eaten by alky just to have more boost. What's your take on this? Also what do you think the motor will redline at? 6,000 is the peak HP spot on stock n/a motor with a redline at 6,250rpm; with beefed up internals do you think that will raise to ~7,000rpm for redline? Where's your power band at?

"If you're gunna do something, do it to the best of your ability...or else what's the point?"