J&E has the piston design info for the 4200 e.g. head shape valve location etc.
The rod journal is larger than a SBC or BBC - if I remember off the top of my head 2.38". Eagle does not have a rod close to the right size.
The guys at black opel racing (BOR) orginally turned the crank in order to use SBC rods but ran into issues and on the rebuild kept the stock rod pin dia. and bought crower rods ( as did I).
The BOR have run the engine upto 8800 rpm with race cams and springs. The drag race guys go higher.

My power band peaks about 6800 and is done by 7200 - the motor has gone higher...

The stock injectors are about 23#/hr. Last year I ran 46# injectors and ran out of fuel... 63#'er are coming...

Methonal injection is widely used for knock supression under boost. google turbo mustangs these guys know turbo's and generally share info.

With EFI running 9:1 and 10-15 psi is fine as long as you have a safe tune up e.g. retard the timing with boost and be gentle leaning the motor out under boost. Adding water/methonal injection really helps - just rig up a system to limit boost if the water/methonal system is not working e.g. empty. This will prevent the ahhh s..ts from happening.

In Brazil they are running 100% methonal all the time in street cars - google methonal + material corrosion.

Last edited by efi-diy; 06/15/10 08:39 PM.

51 GMC 4.2 turbo
Can't solved today's problems using the same technology/thinking that created them