Just an update - ordered pushrods yesterday - last part! So engine will be together and running soon. Will get some pics when installed in car. I ran into the same problem as the kid with the 63 nova - 292 oil pan is too boocoo. I solved it by moving the engine back 2" and working the firewall and trans tunnel. Currently waiting on clutch to get set up - I've picked up a McCleod adjustable slipper clutch to save on parts, which may be overkill, but you know what they say about overkill.... I finished my transmission rebuild (richmond 6 speed) and it is ready to go. I have been scared of transmissions for years, which is ridiculous because I work on nuclear reactors and a transmission is not nearly as complex. I welded in frame mounts to sit the engine in the right place with the right slope. I couldn't get as much down to the rear as I wanted because of the center link on the steering, only 1.5deg. I leaned the engine .5deg to the left so it would sit straight under acceleration and hopefully not bash my newly fabricated firewall. I'm running poly motor mounts with 60's chevy pickup bracket on drivers side, but on the pass side I had to make a bracket as I couldn't find a match. I'm running the stock trans bellhousing mounts along with a rear crossmember hopefully stiffen up the front end a little as I have had problems with this in the past. Right now I'm in the middle of fabricating alternator brackets. I'm running an ATI damper. I countersunk it into the crank gear, but it still makes everything sit way out in front. After I get the clutch, I have to put everything back in, wire the car, and fab up the fuel and exhaust. Then we will see if this experiment will work!

"The first rule of overkill: You can never have too much overkill."
"Overkill is underrated."