Wow, thanks Duece! What software do you use for that? I have "SC Dyno Sim", it's been... OK, but RPM range starts at 1500, and it's a bit old at this point. The numbers it produces seem off (107 hp for my engine, stock) but I was using for 'what if's on cam, carb, valve size, etc and didn't really care about 'numbers'.

I measured 0 - 60 mph with a stopwatch as 15.9 sec +/- half a sec, three passes. But that was with a very tired engine (compression was even but 110 lbs, about) and ran out of torque around 3500, and no way I was confident enough to spin the old thing above 4000.

I'll repeat (same road, same stopwatch) with a motor with good compression (145 - 150), cam, carb, etc. It pulls like crazy to at least 4000 now.

Forged crank and forged rods, but only four main bearings. HUGE journals, like a truck; wide and big diameter. (This makes the engine VERY short.) Vibration damper is new manufacture (repro). I don't know what would determine max. usable RPM other than shedding parts, and my research budget isn't big enough to find out :-)

Truly, thanks for running those numbers. They do jive with experience; 130 is probably correct, stock, and a gain of 18 sounds optimistic, but it's hard to appreciate just how hobbled these engines are from the factory!