I think that a previous owner blessed me with a Z-bar bracket. The pivot on my car is attached to a bracket that bolts to the two holes a few inches above the oil pan rail. These are the two holes that the Inline Power Manual says are used for the clutch linkage on the 292's. *whew*
Keep my oil pan, check. I suppose I'll have to swap my oil pump pickup along with that.
What do you guys reccomend I do to relocate the PS motor mount? Just a steel plate? That was my initial thought, but then I noticed that the lower controll arm mount is right below the motor mount, and has nothing around it to support it from any bending that a simple relocation plate like that might cause.
As for the hood clearance, I was planning on getting a TBI setup off of a 5.0 car or truck and bolt it to an aftermarket 4-barrel intake. It'll be a bit of work, but I think that the driveability and economy gains should be worthwhile. The TBI units are a bunch shorter than the stock carb, so I should have enough room for a good aircleaner.