Titen - I am VERY willing to learn. I wasn't trying to say that you're a jerk, I'm just asking a simple question. I'm not very familiar with PCV, I know that it is the pressure that slips past the pistons that needs to be vented out of the crankcase. Hence crankcase ventilation. I'm sorry if I came off rude.

RichardJ - Yes you're right. I haven't mentioned my dieseling since the first post because when I've had my mixes set well, it caused little to none. I'm thinking it was because of the air/vacuum leaks. But I should have fixed that. The engine originally did have an idle solenoid however but there's more about it in my video.

Quote:
His dilemma is rather obvious, and encouraging his "eagerness to earn" is called "enabling".

Well I'm SORRY if my attempts to learn are aggravating you. I just want to speak to people who know about these types of engines and while my questions may sometimes be elementary, the few sentences that you guys type give me a thousand ideas.

I made a new video of my progress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzJME-XLUW4

EDIT: And I'll be able to provide more information and not seem nearly as stupid when I'm able to drive. I'm basing all of my results on it idling in the garage.

Last edited by snowman4839; 08/27/10 08:27 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.