I went through a bunch of Rochester papers a minute ago, the '66 230 Pontiac Q-jet had 71 jets and 46 or 47 rod depending on the transmission. A'67 230 had 71 jet and 41,42,43,or 44 rod depending on the carb number.

A 1967 396 Chevrolet, had 71 jets and 45 rods. The same carb used on the 350,400,428 Pontiac's used 71 jets and 44 rods.

Engine size doesn't matter! The carb is designed to mix "X" amount of fuel with air. Once they got the desired air/fuel ratio, any engine design to run with in that ratio could then use the same carb with minor changes to linkage and secondaries.

A 396 will pull more air down the venturi then a 230 will, but each will still get the same air to fuel ratio.

Thats why I said to put it back to stock, what ever that is for your carb number, not engine size. You will find it to be really close to what you want. The tuning of the metering rod spring is where you will find the most changes is driveability. With out a lot of springs on hand, you are kinda of at a lose so you will have to make do with what you have. A step down in jets or up in rods will help, but don't go more then number or two.

http://www.cliffshighperformance.com/tech_carb_ID_2.html

Get that number and I will help identify the carb for you.

Joe