Well, I'm back on task with the 56. The good news: my prospective old lady has no prob with me spending time in the garage. She's a keeper!

I, with the help of my friend Dan and his bead roller, fabbed and installed the driver's floorboard this weekend. While this doesn't seem to be related, I need to get the floorpans in so I can run the wiring harness so I can start the engine. Next weekend is passenger side. I have already mounted the fiberglass frontend, and have the grille and one headlight and turnsignal grafted in. I have convinced myself that it still looks stockish, so please don't burst my bubble!

Also, Mike at Ravenswood got my clutch out of machinist's jail where I got it wedge-locked, and it is in Ohio getting refurbed and set up for my car. It is a Mcleod Soft-Lok off of racingjunk. I should have it in my hot little hands next week. Then I can shorten the driveshaft and driveline will be finished!

As far as work on the engine, I have been doing up the cooling system. I picked up a 31x19 with 2-1" cores crossflow aluminum radiator and have fabbed it in. It's probably on the big side, but you know what they say about overkill . I found a way out on the oil cooler - my friend dan has a long skinny one that can set below the radiator horizontally out of sight.

That's it for now. I have reset my goal to be running and on the track for the season opener in Bremerton, which is not until April. Wish me luck!

"The first rule of overkill: You can never have too much overkill."
"Overkill is underrated."