Well I'm working on getting and HEI dist from 56er but I gotta wait for him to dig them up.

Wouldn't it make more sense to get headers and then join the two collectors into a turbo flange? I've been doing some reading about what other people have done and it seems that the stock iron manifold (even the 2.5in one) isn't good for anything except for stock or slightly above stock setups. Would there be any noticeable difference between a joined-header-to-flange setup and just making an up-pipe off of the stock manifold?

I'll hopefully be getting the offenhauser and holley 390 in the next few days. The guy said he'd be around my town on thanksgiving but he hasn't answered his phone today and I've called him twice. If he doesn't respond, I'll just look into getting a clifford. I read a writeup someone wrote about different intakes with the same carb and the clifford seems to be nearly identical in the lower performance and slightly better in the high performance applications.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.