jalopy45, the only info you seem to take into consideration is from tlowes dyno tests.That is only one mans tests. Why don't you consider anyone elses info about the 194 head?

I attested that my 194 head made a huge difference in power
1/4 mile times & racing against my friends v-8 cars proved it.
It was the fastest my 250 ever ran normally aspirated period.The chamber walls were not touched for any unshrouding,1.85-1.88" intake valve size I used,(it's been a while)
I still have that same cyl head if you want pics of the chambers?

Mike hotrod6, set a record & went fastest w/a cyl 194 head prepped from our very own Larry,twisted6, over his big chamber cyl head.
The main difference in heads was the compression increase he got form the 194 small chamber head.
Mike Kirby,if you know who that is,will tell you the same, it's a good head to use.

You are not ahead of the game if you or cannot raise your compression.
Opening up the ports, larger valves installed,all decrease air port velosity,which will result in less low end torque,,even more felt when a larger camshaft installed,,you need to make up or counteract the lower port velosity somehow,,,,you do that by raising the compression.
Stock compression on a typical 230,250,292 will be 8-8.5:1

Pistons are down the hole,chambers are bigger,guys install thicker than stock head gaskets through time, lots of variables that will lower compression.

I had 307 SBC flat tops w/4 valve relief pistons 12.1 compression w/my 194 head,you cannot get that compression w/a big chamber head w/out serious mods,I just milled the 194 head flat.
It had 220-230 cranking compression w/a camshaft of 236 degrees duration @ .050.

Dont let people fool you by saying raising the compression will not do anything for a power increase,they are kidding themselves & you.

Always,,, wheather you are racing or a street car,always try & start off w/a better cylinder head,either big or small chamber heads will work fine,you cannot get that much compression out of a large chamber head when using stock pistons,you can however get a decent increase in compression by installing a 194 head.

All I can say is,you should not just take one mans tests as the bible on these engines.

BTW,I have not used my 12 port head as of yet,,,still using my siamesed 3 port,w/upper lumps I made.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI