jalopy45,
I think you have a misconception on what is a race engine or race cylinder head.
If you simply unshroud the 194 cylinder head chambers,this does not make it a racing head,does it?
Just because some people cannot get any cyl head to flow good,does not mean you cannot get the head to flow,you would just need to be shown how to do it,pay someone to do it for you.

On the $1000, my mistake, so $1100.00 & you can get a cyl head that was welded & repaired,,,,great!
The last part of the page says: Paypal $1000.00In stock
What is it you can buy on the bottom of that page using Paypal for $1000?
Anyways,
My 194 cyl head is far closer to a stock head than a race head.

It's just milled more,oversized valves, pocket porting,, so It gave me more compression & more power everywhere.
The chambers on my 194 are untouched
Like I said before,his tests are not the bible.

Just a suggestion but maybe ask other people ,outside of this forum about the 194 head,I already know what tlowe says about the 194 head,dont need to keep reading his dyno sheets & going to his website & spewing that stuff over here.
One other thing about the 250 dyno tests is when exactly did the Fluiddamper start to let go?
I suggested to tlowe to retest Tom Langdons header manifolds after he installed a different crank assy & different damper,reason being,(because IIRC, the damper let go during the testing of the Langdons manifolds VS headers),,when a damper starts to shake loose, it will absolutely kill the output of the engine.
Were the tests w/the 194 head done later in the testing,when the damper had been shaking loose(& nobody noticed),eating up the end of the crankshaft?
Another thing about the 194 head (during dyno testing)is that he used too large of an intake valve & barely unshouded the valve/s.
FYI, before the dyno tests were done ,I suggested for tlowe to mill the 194 cyl head to take full atvantage of the increase in compression it could give especially when running the larger camshafts that require more compression,he did not do that.

Just in case you did not know this,, Mike Kiby has his own dyno.

Find another source jalopy45,there is a world of wealth & knowledge outside of tlowes world. Try it!

Also you are saying that the 194 head prepped to flow well will not work on a street engine, it will fall on it's face?Port volume is too large? The higher compression helps that from happening. The ports are not all hogged & the port velosity is down(mainly reshaped) like they would be on your large Brodix heads. This is not the case. Apple to apples,,same heads we are talking here,not some aftermarket head like your Brodix heads for comparision.

He has a lot to prove on a vehicle ,real world street driven vehicles & race track scenarios.His fastest turbo car ran 14's @ the track last time out???
As far as i know he is not setting any records for street cars or track cars.
And for the record, I am not setting any records either.LOL
Guess we will have to wait & see what the future holds.

My fastest time @ a track normally aspirated time in the 1/4 mile was 14.3,, this was a very old combo, 4 bbl carb, 4 speed,9.5:1 compression 250 ci.4.10's 3000 + ft altitude track,,,your times are usually 1/2 second slower time than @ a track w/800 ft altitude.So the 14.3 would have been a 13.8 in the 1/4.

With the 3 DCOE Webers 12:1 compression,194 small chamber head,th350 3000 stall 10" converter 4.10's mid 13's

W/Paxton,8-9 psi of boost,blowing throught the 3 same DCOE Webers
th 350 3000 stall 4.10's ran mid 12's ,not record breakers by any means,but this is & always has been my everyday street driver Camaro.
Never set-up for drag racing.More so of a road racer set-up
Koni shocks, front & rear anti sway bars,lowered,BBC front coil springs,thick multi leaf rear springs & so-on.
Kinda heavy of a car really,,most of the time it weighed 3300 + lbs & no driver.

As a side note,every cyl head shop,fab,shop I have been to have given me a tour of there machines,,porting tips,shown various cylinder heads,how to weld, & basically any questions I have asked, have been always answered.
Never have I've been told ,thats top secret,can't show you,get out! etc.

I might suggest if any of you guys have any interest on doing your own porting or unshrouding your valves,,go to a high perf cyl head shop,they most likely will show you some cylinder heads of a properly looking chamber that is unshrouded.

Some guys will give you an example how to unshroud your chamber on your own cyl head so you can learn from there example.

If there are not any shops near you to do this type of help ,send your heads to a shop that can do it for you.
For just unshrouding all your chambers,, it should not cost that much.
I have done this type of work @ home & it does not take that long to do it.

Your chamber CC's can even be off from eachother (i wouldn't suggest doing that) & the engine would not run rough or bad,just your power will not be as high as it could be if there all the same.

I have seen SBC engine run a 64 CC head fully ported on one side & an open chamber non ported 76 cc head on the other side & it actually ran pretty good. Claimer/cheater engine for roundy round cars

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI