The dyno tests showed how to build a engine with parts for low $$$ Perfect for that.
You proved that an inline can be built for low dollar. Great for you, congrats.
You are correct about getting these heads to flow great, it is going to cost money,but that can be said for about any engine.
It all starts w/the cylinder heads for making power & the rest is in the combination.
Porting alone is very pricey @ all shops.
1% people here only want the most bang for the buck,,,not sure about that, but I could be wrong.
For the record,all my views are not strictly for racing application only.
I never set-up any car for track use only.
I have given some advise to Steven Mighty6 & Douglas more so.8.6 @ 165 IIRC

If it was cheap (low dollar)to port heads, unshroud chambers larger valves,etc, I think alot more people would all want a little more ummph in there 6's,,no?

MBHD

[quote=JimW CNC is describing me as one of the many that have been helped on this forum. 'Most bang for the buck', simple and reliable describe my build.

I have less than $1350 in my engine and I have a setup that'll spin the tires in a couple of gears, won't give up on any hill at 65+ mph and I'm getting just under 17 mpg in a 4600 lb truck. That's pretty respectable for the money spent, I think, considering the starting point. As far as reliability, I have over 11k miles on it with one break down (broke a rocker), and if I would've known what I was looking at when I installed the rockers, then I would of known that I needed new ones.

Of the money I spent I have $400 in the head consisting of valves, lumps and machine work. I'm sure that Larry and others can make a 194 head run and flow like like the wind, but I believe that the machine shop bill alone would be more than my total head expenditure, and maybe more than double. Let's remember that we're not preaching to the choir, but rather that we're trying to build and help the congregation ('the average Joe'.)

Just one guy's opinion, so take it for what it's worth. Thanks [/quote]

12 port SDS EFI