Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
Hank,
Maybe you have had good experiences with a 194 head. Great. I ran one on my N/A 292 for many years. It had a Clifford 270 cam and 1.94/ 1.6 valves and porting. It ran good, had a lumpy idle and only put down a 16.9 in the 1/4. Always thought something was holding it back. Now I know the flow was not as good as it should have been. After doing these dyno tests, testing all those cams, heads, intakes combos. Would I run a 194 head, NOPE.

Tom

Tom,

I not only had a good expeience w/the small chambered 194 head ,,I had the best experience w/it.
With 12.1:1 compression, it was an absolute torque monster,w/(DCOE's) even more so.

OK Tom,
you @ least tried a 194 head out on your own vehicle,,great, so after you were thinking the 194 head was holding you back, did you install a big chamber head for comparision?????? If so

Did it run better???

Who did the work on the 194 head,boss not removed???
Do you still have that cyl head & any pics of it?

As far as you wanting to use a 194 head,, I would not want it either with those low flow numbers & dyno numbers.

BTW, do you have any good 194 cyl heads lying around that you are not going to do anything with, except maybe a door stop?

Tom,
just curious,, do you think there is anything holding your 65 Elky back?
It weighs 3600 lbs,292+ cubic inches,efi intercooled & turbocharged ,700R4,355 gears,2400 stall correct?
If I am incorrect,lets break down all the specs on the Elky if you will. ;\)
Need to update all the newer mods old mods posted in one post.
That way people can follow/copy your recipe.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI