Originally Posted By: jalopy45 #4899
Hank, sit down and have a beer ,no one said the 194 head was no good. What was said was the 194 head will require more work to use on the street than an open chamber head. The dyno pulls showed that with and without lump ports the open chamber head is a better choice using the parts (cams, intakes,etc.) that are commonly found on street engines. If you like your head good, use it, no one is aking you to get rid of it, I'm not going to use one because I've yet to see anything to back up any claims that the 194 works better. \:\)

Jalopy45,

I believe Tlowe has always said, he would never recomend using a 194 cyl head period,this is probably because he has not had any luck w/one to flow good.Maybe someday he will & maybe then change his mind,I really dont care if he does or does not, that's fine.
The 194 cyl head does not need to be a fully reworked cylinder head to work good. It takes a little work,but like I said, I used smaller intake valves & made the chambers pretty small for max compression. You would be foolish, or just plain, have no clue to install a 1.94" intake valve in the small chamber cyl head & not do any chamber work.

It seems like Tlowes original 194 head had 1.94" intakes valves & no chamber work done.There was something holding back his 292.
It was the 194 head? who knows, he did not install a large chamber head to compare on a vehicle that actually runs on the street.But like I said,if it had 1.94" intake valves,that would be holding it back tremendously w/no chamber work.
BTW,still awaiting for those pics.I do not need pics, I know what it looks like as I tried different size valves in 194 heads over 20 years ago.
Pics would be for peeps here to see it first hand.

You are only considering his dyno tests to be the only possible source for cyl head info,do you think Larry is lieing about using a 194 cyl head on Mikes Camaro? Is Mikes record setting runs using the 194 head all lies? He has his time slips,probably has video also,w/larger chamber head runs & when changed to the small chamber head? Who knows,maybe twisted 6 can post some vids?If you had talked w/Mike Kirby & he told you the 194 head would be a good choice for a certain application,would you think he would be lieing to you, you would have a hard time believing that, correct.
Do you think he would work a 194 head ,sell it to you, knowing full well the 194 head is just plain no good?

Of course you think I am lying because I did not video tape my illegal street racing using a 194 cyl head.. I am a little smarter than doing that.

Anyways,, why would anyone want to lie about or give bogus info & want anyone to use a small chamber 194 head if infact it's not a viable option to use,it serves no purpose to this inliner forum to lie, do you think I want to be known as a lier,exaggerater.
Info I go from is mainly my own personall experience,if I do not know something , I will say, I don't know, or refer you to someone that will probably know.

I want every inline 6 to spank some V-thingy butts.

BTW, wheres my beer?

I do not take it personal as an attack torwards me @ all,but when some say comments about me(making up lies) for no reason,then I get defensive,guess I need to drink beer while I type?

If someone states my car runs 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile(& lets say it does), that is not an attack, just stateing the truth/facts.
If I post on you tube videos of my car running bad & is slow,& someone says my car looks slow,,,well that's because it is slow,can't complain about that.
There is a difference if someone is lieing about someone else & no facts involved & just plain putting them down, but if you state facts here about someone else,people say it is an attack.

Sorry , but sometimes the truth hurts.
If someone says my car does not run & it looks like pile of crap,should I get mad about it because they are stating the truth?Here is the pile.

I do not think so.
About using caps ,you should know what that means,how long have you been on the internet,& you are just learning this now??the colors to use,I guess you dont like it ,too bad.Mr. Hothead
MBHD

12 port SDS EFI