Originally Posted By: snowman4839
MBHD. Well now that I'm thinking about the long-term for a sec, I guess I'll go ahead and spend the money on a turbo I can use in my endgame plan with the high pressure setup. What should I be looking for in terms of specifics on the turbo? You said a small A/R of around .63. But is there a minimum/maximum inducer/exducer size or something? I probably would've just bought the one you mentioned but it was almost $200 in just shipping from AU.

snowman4839,

unless you want to use a high stall converter do not go bigger than a .64 or there abouts for your turbine housing A/R.

W/a .84, you will need a stall of @ least 2800 RPM & w/a .96 3500.
Your engine will not see boost until the higher RPMs.

You engine is a 250 CI ,it's not that big.
I will promise you this, if you go w/a bigger housing, it will run like a pig w/any stall lower 2800.

With a stick/manual trans,same thing, boost will not come in till later,not good for a daily driver, not enjoyable @ all.

A .96 will be a complete dog.

I would only recommend a turbo that works on an actual street driven car, not just a dyno test,two different worlds.

A "P" wheel is fine to use.

Look @ Precsion turbos, they are making a lot of new products.
Good things I hear about them.

So,in short,you need to know if you want a quick spooling DD, or a turbo that comes in later & will make more power. or somewhere in the middle.
Personally ,I see this is your DD & using a big turbine housing will hamper your enjoyment.Later, you can upgrade to a .84 or so A/R ,but w/an automatic tran,2800 minimum stall.

So just buy a good size turbo now but run a smaller A/R on the turbine housing. You could step up to a Q trim turbine wheel also.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI