Originally Posted By: TheSilverBuick
Would you expect the same cracks/breaking on the 250 crank considering the same compression, rpm and abuse?
We had a lot of racing customers that used the 250 engines, and many were the same as far as compression goes(15-1/2 to 1 range), the RPM's for the 250's were in the 9000 RPM range, and several were over 2 HP per cubic inch. The 250 seemed to be less suceptible to the damaging harmonics as the 292 is, and I can't recall any of our customers ever having the crank breaking issues we had with their 250's. Also, from what i've seen some of the guys making for HP with forced induction on 292's, they seem to have not reported any of the same breakage issues we had with our N/A application, probably because the operating RPM's they are observing are much less than we used, and stayed out of the harmful harmonic ranges that can make them self destruct. I think that either the 292 or 250 can be a viable engine for N/A or forced induction usage, providing a reasonable and sane range of RPM is observed. And should be able to enjoy much trouble free service out of them as well.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer