Ok, Mighty6
so you are saying you used to throw 300-400 hp of nitrous on your 292 w/carbs & never broke/hurt parts?
My Camaro was scary fast when I just used a NOS cheater plate w/the smallest jets 150-175 HP.(kit was designed for an engine no smaller than 350 CI,mine was 250 CI )In fact, IIRC, it stated DO NOT USE ON ANYTHING SMALLER THAN 350 CI, Wanting the best bang for the buck & I wanted to go as fast as possible,,I thought to myself,,what's a 100 cubic inches less? LOL I never went to a track, but I would guess easy low 11's to high 10's if I could get it to run a full pass.
Never really got it to work correctly for a full pass,(detonating, the instant I hit the button)but I stilled stayed into it it was such a rush I did not want it to end.

During the intial NOS purging the first time I hit it (nitrous button)in park,brought the RPM to approx 2000 RPM, hit the button to purge & it went to 5000 RPM w/out moving the throttle.
My friend thought I hit the gas pedal as I purged the nitrous @ the same time LOL.

I don't know if any of you have run your engines w/out a torque converter (just a flex plate)& reved it up,,, well let me tell you,it reved just as fast & violent w/the nitrous.!

Mighty6,
Do you have a pics of that kit(smog pump) installed,looks interesting.

Just keep it on the rich side & slowly work up your tune.
It does not happen in a short time or overnight.
I think you are doing great!
MBHD

12 port SDS EFI