Originally Posted By: D13

Ditch the factory intake/exhaust, if I'm gonna spend $1000 on a head upgrade then the intake is getting upgraded anyway. Look at how simple the intake is on a 5.3. Or a vortec. New intake should be common plenum (for the carb guys), fully divided at the ports for injectors, and come with injector and nitrous bosses. Think about the LS engines and the carb conversion packages.

The target audience is anyone considering building a 250 or 292 engine. Even the smaller engines will benefit greatly from this cylinder head design. The biggest advantage of creating a head to use the existing intake and exhaust/headers is, so many guys already own these products and dont have to spend more money additionally to use the new head, making the total investment limited to the cost of the cylinder head. Most enthusiasts are well satisfied with the Offy or Clifford intakes that are available, so creating a whole new intake design is redundant. The induction system isn't where the refinements are needed, its the cylinder head. If at a later time the demand for different intakes warrants a change be made, it can happen then. Other items like valves, rockers, etc., are going to be most likely, components you purchase anyway at the time of completion whether you use the new head or the old siamese head. So your not really adding any additional cost you wouldn't have been spending already at this stage. If you can get a new aluminum head for the same cost as a lump ported head and have 20-40 more HP....and still use the intake, valve cover and exhaust you already have....seems like an easy choice to me. Tom, I think it will be well recieved.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer