I would like to say I have a cross flow head pattern being done.
Lots of investigation years ago on this came to nothing as the Vortec 6 looked like it would eclipse the 194-292 and the prices of complete motors were and still are very low.
Much as I like the Vortec 6 I am one of many my age who do not like "electronic black boxes" and all the stuff that goes with it.
When I had a 270 GMC in a Chevy coupe 40 plus years ago to have a 12 port cross flow head was just a dream.
I have another 1939 Coupe with a 292 and I want a 12 port and I will make one or many,I am not too bothered.
I have made a couple of prototype patterns of one cylinder and my second effort has sorted things out.
Exhaust between the pushrods, why ? because the V8 guys since 1955 have wanted to spread the pushrods for bigger and bigger intakes!
Angled, round intake,plug next to it,standard length valves which was difficult to figure out,valve inclination reduced to get the chamber shape correct for the plug swapping sides,BBC rockers, 1.6 and 1.94 or bigger valves,flow on a resin head is difficult as the seats are not 100% but approx. 200 on exhaust, 270 intake.Standard or Blue Flame cover fits( retro Wayne).
Aluminium or cast iron.
Cost? Doing it in NZ makes it competitive but we will have to see after the first one is done.