Stroker, you made the cut to your deck correctly, based on the method in which you checked deck with. And as you confirmed, it is now .003 out of the bore as you intended. Initially, you only checked the deck height of your pistons in the center of the bores....which as I pointed out in an earlier post, is not the correct way to check your deck. And you can see know how inaccurate that using the center of the bore method truly is because it doesn't account for piston rock on either side of the piston, which is more critical. Many people have made that same mistake because they just dont know. You can still cut the pistons to compensate, which is very common to have to do anyway to obtain the right deck height. I think you mentioned that you had already taken your setup down before I mentioned this to you, but if you had been able to check how much piston rock you had before cutting your deck, you still would have seen around +.015 difference from the center of the piston as you are seeing now.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer