Ohhh great 153 guru's....
I wanted to share a build that I did with my Pops in 1989. I bought a 1953 CJ3-B from a fire department that used it to scout grass fires for about $400.00 and it was a steal. The Jeep had a 45hp flathead ford and the head was toast. Pops's said, "Let's put a 153 in it", so we did. It took some modifications and I will list them later. But for now, It has been sitting for 15 years and I want to freshen it up. My understanding was that 153's were basically a 327 SBC cut in 1/2. Everything 327 went in it. Crank, pistons, rods etc. We did have to lengthen the mainshaft (had it machined in Hayward, CA) to fit the stock T-18 back in it. But the 327 bell housing and started bolted right up. We built it for torque as the main objective was to run it on the Rubicon. We fabricated mounts for a quad core Chevelle radiator and slapped and electric fan on the outside between the grill. This was a great bui;d and made for a rig that wouldn't over heat while idling for long periods of time. That's my inliner story and I'm sticking to it!

Humble Newby