Pressure washing really brought out the fact that this truck is just about as cherry as they get. A little bit of rust on the bottom of the doors and a ding and tear in each rear fender.... wow!!! What a resto this is going to be.
Does anyone want to tackle the next questions??
I found a set of balanced Venolia pistons. I researched the job number today and called them. These pistons were ordered in 1984 by my pops. They are 4.080 with a .003 tolerance built into the skirt. Isn't 80 thou a pretty steep cut? Am I risking taking out a lot of life out of the block? What is the best cut for deck height? Can I safely cut .060???? I have balanced 7.000 rods to go with the pistons. With a stock 302 crank will I have enough clearance??? I'm planning on opening up the intakes and exhausts and cutting unleaded fuel seats. Is there a source of aftermarket valve guides? Or will stock guides tolerate a .005 ream??? I will have the valves done to go with the cam, but I need to know how much this little sister needs to breath. I am using a big port head but I am not sure how much bigger I can go. Help oh machinest guru's... help!

Humble Newby