Got back from the dyno with my dad yesterday to finally see the engine. It was lowered a point in compression by getting dished pistons from 10.25:1 to about 9.25:1 so he could run 87 octane. It has a 750 edel carb with the stock cast intake. Stock rotating assembly. Bored to 408. A pretty chunky cam with a lift of like .480in I think and I'm not sure of the duration or overlap.

In the end, after the dyno and all... it made 301hp and 410 ft/lbs. My dad wasn't at all happy because stock (with the 10.25:1) compression is 340hp/440hp. While it makes me somewhat giddy to know I have a chance of beating him now, it did make me sad to see those numbers after all the time, money, and effort...

After 2 more weeks, I should have enough money to buy that SPA manifold for a whopping $480. If anyone happens to have one for cheaper, I would be very interested so please PM me or something. Then I can get on turbo valvetrain, turbo, intercooler, WG, and BOV. Which will probably be what I'm going to be working for most of the summer. I'm also actively looking for a spare 250 near me to put all the mods on.

Just an FYI

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.