Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
Snowman,
Ok, sounds like you have a chance to win. ;\)
Your dads 408,,, was this a engine dyno or chassis dyno, what type or make?

What was actually done to his engine? Stock valves, stock heads?
Any porting done?
HP ratings from the factory back then is a bit different than what we use today.

With those numbers pending where they are taken from ,eng or rear wheels.
ET could be as high as 17.0 seconds & as low as 14's in my guestimation.

Forgot weight of car, rear gears, tires he is going to use etc,auto trans, stall on torque converter,bring us up to date on the car again.

MBHD

Engine Dyno. The car isn't nearly ready to put the engine in. Didn't notice the make

No porting, stock rockers, I'm pretty sure the valvetrain is stock besides his big cam.
How are the HP ratings different?

He's running a turbo 400 without a transbrake (duh). All together with him in it, it'll be about 3770lbs (I'll have him by about 330lbs in the weight department because of his heavier engine and tranny). He wants to use either a 3.23 or 3.42 LSD. He wants BF T/A Radials 245/60/14s. He's going to by the stall converter after he gets the engine worked out because he wants to know the torque curve before he chooses.
Just to compare I'm going to have a 3 speed manual (still trying to find the right ratios). 3440lbs with me in it. I want a 3.23 or 3.42 limited slip too. I want a little taller tires and as wide that will fit so like 265/70/14s. Not sure about the clutch yet (or if I really need a performance one). And I'm gonna get it bored and ported and install lumps. Offy intake. Blow through the holley 390. I'm still trying to choose a turbo but I think I'm probably going to get a t3/t04e .63 A/R turbine as a starting point. They're only like $150 for a china turbo if I need to change it to a 60 series compressor turbo or something if that turbo is WAYYYY far off.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.