Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
From reading, it looks to be a engine dyno. That dyno # is very simular to the #'s generated back when his motor was made. He should be happy, the power is nearly the same with lower compression. Although his power should be closer to 400 hp and the 400+ tq. It is relatively easy to make a engine that produces the same hp as the cubic inchs.

Snowman,
Just another warning, you really need to do your homework, not sure if the SPA manifold will be a good fit in your chassis with a 250. I think the turbo will be a conflict with your steering. My chassis is nearly the same, except mine has a 292 which is nearly 2" taller. My turbo barely clears the steering. Tom

With that said your 250 with some boost will certainly give your dad a run for the money. You will probably burn less gas with normal driving. Your engine will get more attention than his too.

Well how do you know those old hp/tq ratings are off? I told him he just needs to raise the compression back and he'd easily be in the range he wants but he doesn't want to rip the engine back open because the people building it for him are con artists and charge like $400 just to tear the engine apart.

Well I don't really have any choice with the SPA manifold. I mean it's either that or the 2.5" log mani but that's bad for flow you guys have told me time and time again. Besides, I can always buy/make an adapter to move it like turbo nova had to do (I think it was him).

And I got to ask. WHY DOES THE 250 BURN SO MUCH GAS? I mean it's only a 4.1 and it gets like 12-14mpg (in my setup). I mean, my friend with a 430 in his 69 Buick Wildcat gets about 11-13mpg.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.