Cordova IL track is close. 13's? That seems optimistic but maybe. Will for sure need sticky tires instead of my street radials. And perhaps a better driver?

Thanks. I figured with as much work as I put into those headers I should finish the job and make them look nice. I think the welds will disappear when colored by exhaust heat. Plus I needed the O2 sensor bung. Don't know if I really needed two of them but it might come in handy some day. I did buy a wideband sensor so I'm anxious to see what it says.

I've run it up to 5500 rpm or so repeatedly. It's still pulling that's just where I chicken out. Now that I have a good set of valvesprings and have verified no piston/head contact I'll wind it up higher to see what happens.

No cold air yet but that's a possibility. What do you think about a rev limiter? Then I could keep my right foot planted while I run thru the gears. I hesitate to do that now because my shifter is a little sloppy. It's an old Hurst Competition Plus on top of the Muncie M20 wide ratio. Tranny is well used but in good shape. I did sleeve the countershaft pin (it's the larger 1" pin), square up the case (corrected warp from welding on the ears), and replaced a few parts inside.