Originally Posted By: strokersix

What do you think about a rev limiter? Then I could keep my right foot planted while I run thru the gears.

I would,, Maybe a MSD 6AL box?
They seem to hit soft & not make any sharp or abrupt change when it hits the rev limiter.

I ran one in my Camaro when it was Paxton supercharged, very mild hitting.

I remember when I put in a 6000 RPM limit chip in the box, my Autometer tach needle would read about 5500 RPM & the engine was missing, I did not think it was actually hitting the rev limiter, engine reved quicker than the needle could move.

My friend told me to put the 7000 RPM chip in the MSD box & bam, that was it no miss,, damm engine reved too quick LOL.

BTW, what M20 do you have, close or wide ratio?

As far as running good ET's, IIRC, my best ET @ a 3000+ elevation track was when I ran a wide ratio M21 4 spd a very, very mild 250 .030 over, approx 10:1 compression,4 bbl intake & a small 500 CFM AFB. 4:10 gears
I ran a 14.3 which I thought was slow @ the time, I was always comparring to the V-8's, come to find out here, it would have been a record that would still be standing here today in the International inliners record books, I still thinks that funny. \:D

I have run many different combos, memory fads a bit but I found the timeslip w/what combo & had @ the time I ran.

I had the original 3spd, horrible 2nd to 3rd gear RPM drop,4spd Muncie,5 spd T50 & a TH350, next a 4L85E

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI