So if I were to get a junkyard 250 and I wanted to rebuild it so it was like new, what would I need? Something like...

-Main bearings
-Rod bearings
-Cam bearings (maybe?)
-New gaskets (Head, valve cover, manifold, oil pan, side covers?, rear main seal?)
-Reuse the crank, rods, and pistons?
-ARP hardware? main studs rod bolts (would I need anything besides mains and rods?)

I know that's a very short list and I'm probably forgetting very obvious stuff but does that sound about right?

The deal is I have all the turbo parts ready to go but I don't want to put them on my original engine so i'm getting a junkyard 250 and putting it on there. I just want to know the engine I put the turbo stuff on is going to run correctly and not leak stuff. I know I've said this before but I want to reiterate for new readers.

Lastly, I know I've asked this before but where would the stock internals start failing? I would probably be pushing limits @ 10psi on stock internals and ARP hardware right? Is the ARP hardware one-time-use or should I go ahead and buy forged rods and/or forged pistons if I can scrounge up the money?

Last edited by snowman4839; 08/24/11 10:45 PM.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.