man, are you in luck, there is a (no, THE) authoratative ( I spell like hank sometimes)article on the 261s. On this site go to "Engines",under "261 head swap", find the post#66090 by stocker 49. He links you to that article from a 1955 HRM MAG.

There are about 8 or 9 dyno tests showing what can be done and what they're worth. These various tests even include boring one out to 278 inches, as well as several cam swaps and 2, and 3 single carb setups (in 1955 I dont think anyone had 4 bbl intakes for the sixes)

Me, I'm old and have a distrust for the former Hudson man's Chevy stuff. And remembeer you're talking to a salesman over the telephone, not a far resemblence from a bleeding man in a shark cage.

I think many of the old products will be hard to find but Substitutes can be made with sim results. Try to sick with his dual pattern cams-they work-thats his foremost signature product. There are still some machine shops that regrind cams that may still have abilities to reproduce his stuff- There was one or two in Ft. Worth a few years ago-thats what the internet is for!

Frank would steer you to towards more streetable products than most folks--He also promoted 3.55 rear end gears to that end!

Thats a real good article, hope it helps you!

And thank you Stocker 49 for offering it to us!

Edski