Well I'm talking about doing whatever would be the most cost effective. I was asking about just using stock pistons because forged pistons are $500 and that would save me a lot of money if forged pistons were only necessary for like 600hp+. I'm just talking about taking a different engine than the one in my special, taking it apart, rebuilding it with new bearings and gaskets (and I guess pistons rings now), then using whatever new parts that would be cost effective for what I'm looking for (12ish second car with 300-400hp). So so far I need, new turbo cam and valvetrain, bearings, gaskets, machine work on the rods, new rings, resize valves. And are lump ports necessary? BTW, how much is a valve resizing and whatever other machine work I'd need?

What do you consider the head bolts to be good for? What do you mean by "low boost"? 15psi max? 25psi max? And can I use those head bolts with a lump kit or does the kit come with its own special head bolts for under the lumps? Or are lumps going to help hardly at all since it's turbo'd? I saw that lumps were $70 plus shipping on turbo6's site i think? Would it be worth it?

Last thing is that J&S system is pretty pricy for $450. Any cheaper alternatives? It seems like I would either get forged pistons to stand up to a little bit of pinging or get the J&S system to keep my stock pistons from exploding. Because I can't do both because that's $1000 in just those parts. ON TOP OF THAT... the alky injection is like $400+ from what I've seen. You consider this a low $$ engine?? I didn't expect to need ALKY til I got up to like 20PSI+

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.