Originally Posted By: snowman4839
Rods: magnaflux, shot peen, resize (do you resize the bottom or the top where the wrist pin goes through or both?)
Head: Magnaflux, resize valves to 1.94" and 1.6", would I need new valve guides? Could I port/polish myself?
Block: Magnaflux, Bore .060 over, Hone?, new cam bearings. alignment hone?
Crank: Magnaflux, Turned?

that means I'd need new bearings, pistons, rings, valves, valve guides? valves seats?, and the rest of the valvetrain.

OK, you are getting off track again...
Now you are saying you are going to buy ..060" oversized pistons & bore your block????

Second: your rods need to be side grinded/polished (grind off the forging line smooth)*(FIRST)* then magnafluxed & you only re-size the big end of the con rod after you have installed the new ARP rods bolts.

You will most likely need bronze walled valve guides installed.

Head porting:
You really need to know what you are doing when it comes to porting, & unless you can have someone show you how to do it, I would not recommend for you to take on such a labor intensive & needing great skills in order for you to do a port job, you can get into trouble very quickly & destroy a cylinder head.

If you are determined to do the porting, buy yourself a good porting book or a video that will show you how to port.

You would only do porting after a shop has used a cutter for the oversized valves (in your case a 1.94" & 1.60" sized holes)
No valve job done,, until you are done with the porting.

Crank: magnafluxed, turned down if needed, or just a quick polish job if thats all required.

You might need new cam bearings & have a shop install them.

Hope this helps.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI