Originally Posted By: Nexxussian
I agree with Hank on that (shouldn't be an issue, unless it's way further up there than it looks in the pics).

If I read it right you are going to cut the bungs shorter than they appear in the picture (the one with the injector and fuel rail).

Are you going to match those to the ceiling of the runner, or are you planning to leave some of the bung hanging below into the airstream (attempt at airflow direction, or turbulence generation for better atomization perhaps?)?

Hank, Larry - thanks for the info! I will most likey remove all the ribs from the bottom of the intake.

Nexx, The bungs are trimmed and are tacked in flush with the ceiling of the runner. I just don't have any pics of that yet. I'm not leaving them protrude into the runner at all. I'm actually having them welded in (by a good friend/co-worker) on the inside and then I will clean up the welds and smooth it all out. We decided to not weld the bungs on the outside just to keep it cleaner looking. I'll post more pics hopefully early next week when we have more progress.
We have a tiny interference issue with the fuel rail and TB and TB adapter. Not tiny enough to be ignored. I'm contemplating my options:
Mill the 'carb' mounting flange flat (as it is on an angle currently) and gain some clearance, mill the bungs a little shorter to get the rail farther away from the TB and adapter, mill the TB, TB adapter and back of the rail to gain the clearance needed. I originally wanted to remove the angle from the mounting face of the intake and gain the clearance that way, but I don't want to try to drill deeper and tap the holes afterward as two of them would be left too short to use. Don't want to use heli-coils either. Just have to weigh the options. Quickest option would be nice, but I don't want to be hasty and make a decision I'll regret!

".....don't give up a TURBO more than makes up for all of this BS." Turbo-6