Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
Snowman,

Not sure if you got an intercooler, can't remember.
If not, get one.
Do not just run a short pipe from the turbo to your carb bonnet, you really need an intercooler.

MBHD

MBHD, not to sound like I am in disagreement, but Why and Intercooler? I have almost the same set up as Snowman. I am running a short intake pipe directly from the turbo to the carb without an intercooler. I have read from the turboforum that intercoolers are much more useful in fuel injection systems but not as much in blow thru applications. I read that the fuel entering the system cools the charge down quite a bit.

I have put over 300 miles on my truck this week without any problems. Many WOT runs with no detonation, smoke, issues. Boosts will rise to 10psi, when I let off it creeps to 11 psi. The only thing that is barely noticeable is that it seems to run a bit peppier when first warmed up. Once the engine bay is fully heated (heat soak) it seems just a little doggish. But not enough to go changing things.

The reason I am so inquisitive is that I am considering clocking my turbo and putting a intercooler system on this winter. I want to get straight answers before I go to the effort and $$$. By adding an intercooler what would I be gaining?

Keep it up snowman. Its all worth it once you blow thru!

Boucher